Tuesday, June 23, 2009

We Are In Full Swing At Kootenai County Farmers' Market

Hello Fellow Foodies,


Well, I think we are finally getting there. The beautiful abundance of fresh produce this past week was too exciting for this foodie to say the very least. The stands are holding delicious items we have not yet seen.

Colorful organic strawberries and apricots that are hard to find blemishes. There were also cherries, and some of the healthiest looking snap peas... It seems every produce stand is an absolute feast for the senses.


Your favorite flower and starter plant is probably still available. All except, I am sad to say, with warmer weather comes the end of that spectacular asparagus we were blessed with this year.


Speaking of weather, I want to send a reminder out there to all those who enjoy the fruits of our farmers' labor - they had a long hard winter, and having that followed up with all those harsh storms with hail and heavy rain we have had recently, make their job even harder. So many of these wonderful people rely on what they make every week for their livelihood. That is why you see the kind of dedication we do at the Kootenai County Farmers' Market.
I have the best the best job. I get to spend time getting to know these hardworking people, and sometimes if I am on my best behavior, they share secrets with me. So don't be afraid to share a few words as you are making your purchases! A word of appreciation goes a long way.

I can't wait to see what next week holds for us.

Until next time,

Eat healthy and be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment