Friday, May 1, 2009

Love of Food is Part of a Healthy Lifestyle


Being a foodie I often have to ask myself, why all this obsession with healthy nutrition? Foodies just love food, right?

Well, the answer is simple really. Because it's all part of the joy of food.

By learning about the food I eat and the role it plays in my healthy lifestyle I find a deeper joy in all the food I eat and that which I share with others.

There are those who have an unhealthy relationship in their love of food. They eat food not because of it's pleasure, goodness and healthy value, but because it fills some void in their life or helps them meet their depression.

When I look at the food I eat and I see how it supports my immune system, or helps build a healthy heart, then I feel good about what I am doing to support my healthy lifestyle so I can be here to enjoy my family, watch my kids grow, and enjoy all of my life...not just the food.

Be well, be happy,


No comments:

Post a Comment