Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Surprising Recipe Progression

Hello Fellow Foodies,

I recently had an interesting experience in the kitchen.

I have talked about my not so secret love affair with dried pinto beans and was experimenting with some new recipes. I cooked the dried beans with chicken stock, dried ranch dressing mix, and taco seasoning. I found the result to be a little salty so I added some water and organic brown rice along with a little hot sauce.

I was pleased with the results but just couldn't leave well enough alone. I am after all a foodie fanatic.

I had a lonesome country style pork rib that needed a home so I threw that in with just a touch of barbecue sauce and cooked it slowly overnight. A Dutch Oven works great for this.

Just between you and me, I had two helpings for breakfast.

Frozen mixed veggies or some chopped fresh spinach would add extra nutritional value.

Food never ceases to fascinate and intrigue me. What started as a possible new recipe transitioned into three.

If you are interested in the specific increments just shoot me a comment and I would be happy to share.

Before I sign off, I want share a cooking tip with you.

The easiest way to cook dried beans stress free is to cook them overnight in the oven on a low temperature. Be sure to have enough liquid and your seasonings in, cover with foil and let the oven do the work for you.

You'll love the way the house smells when you wake up.

Until next time,


Eat healthy and be happy!


The Healthy Foodie Fanatic

No comments:

Post a Comment